What does your workout look like this afternoon? How about tomorrow… or next week? If you’re anxiously Googling workout ideas right now because you have no idea – put your phone down. Relief has arrived.
What are Planned Workouts?
In the spirit of all things Wahoo, we want to make cycling more enjoyable every time you get on your bike. Spending time searching through workout forums is time-consuming and unclear. That’s where Planned Workouts saves the day.
Planned Workouts are structured workouts you can use as part of a larger scheduled training plan. It takes the guesswork out of the workout and helps keep you focused on your goals. As we may hate to admit, our bosses may be right: what gets measured gets done. Planned Workouts are the easiest way to stay on track to our fitness goals and make sure that we hit the road like we said we would.
Who can build Planned Workouts?
If you’ve got a coach (or if you’re the captain now) you can build your workouts in several easy ways and schedule them out. We’ve optimized the ELEMNT to read incoming plans from 3rd party apps like Training Peaks and display them on your ELEMNT bike computer.
Typically these workouts involve a set of planned intervals with 1 or 2 targets per interval based on power, heart rate, or cadence. So whatever workout you choose, you’ll see the data you need in clear notifications.
Planned Workouts automatically sync to the ELEMNT. This means no plugging up to your computer before every training session or navigating weird interfaces trying to find your workout. We said this would be easy, right?
3rd Party Planned Workout Integration
You can also authorize your TrainingPeaks account to automatically send workouts to your ELEMENT. It will sync the next 5 days and the last 2 days of planned workouts, so you’re ready to go every time the pre-workout kicks in.
We’ve also included a small amount of workouts to help you get started. These include:
- 20 Minute FTP Test
- 8 Minute FTP Test
- Team Ineos Sprinting Session – KICKR Workout
- Team Ineos Climbing Session – KICKR Workout
- Team Ineos Mixed Session – KICKR Workout
Control During Your Workout
When the road beckons, answer the call. We’ve made executing structured workouts so easy.
1. Workouts Ready to Go: See a week’s worth of workouts on your device, and select the one that is right for you.
2. Target Focused Workout: Build 1 or 2 Targets in each of your planned workouts. Choose a range or a single number. Focused targets can be based on power, heart rate, or cadence.
3. Never Miss an Interval: Pop-Up notifications and interface LED’s provide alerts for those crucial moments during a workout; we’ve included a five second countdown before a new interval, a message to motivate you if you’re ahead or behind a target, and an alert to inform you when a new interval is about to start.
4. Know Your Progress: The graph feature is a great way to see where you are along your workout. It plots your primary target and your position mid workout. Hello final stretch!
5. Control Your Workout: As needed, you can start, stop, pause and skip intervals to accommodate outdoor conditions. It’s crucial flexibility to keep you on target and safe during your workout.
6. Workout Outdoor to Indoors: With Wahoo Fitness’ united ecosystem, you can easily conquer your workout outdoors or indoors on your Wahoo Fitness KICKR Power Trainer as needed. No excuses!
Setting up Planned Workouts
Ready to pick your first grueling workout? Get started in minutes. Just follow this helpful step-by-step guide.
- If you’re planning on using 3rd Party Workouts/Plans (like in TrainingPeaks), you’ll first need to build your workout and/or training plan in those individual platforms. Then authorize those services to sync in the ELEMNT Companion App.
- When connected to WIFI, the past 2 days, today, and the next 5 days of planned workouts will automatically sync to your ELEMNT. Check them out in your training calendar and move them around as needed.
- If a workout is scheduled for today, you will see a notification pop up on your screen. Clicking “More” will take you to your workout library.
- You can find your Workout Library from the “Planned Workouts Detail” page via the middle button.
- When you find a workout you’d like to complete, simply select it and hit “Start.” Remember: any interval can be stopped, paused, or skipped mid-workout without impacting your overall ride time.
- Once your workout is complete, sit back, take a breather and watch as your workout automatically syncs back to all authorized accounts, just like any normal ride with an ELEMNT.
Don’t spend your precious energy trying to figure out what to do for your workout. With Planned Workouts, you’ll have a plethora of resources to get on the road quicker and easier. Want to know more about your ELEMNT? Learn about the new features we’ve rolled out for the ELEMNT or read more on how Team Ineos trains.